At the age of 25, I plan to (or I should) get married to the right person destined for me and I’m already preparing and considering every little detail for my perfect wedding 4 years from now. For some, 25 is a little bit early but for others it’s just the perfect time. I know God has planned everything in His perfect timing but I’m with the others. It may or may not come when I’m already 25 but it’s always good to have plans for the future so you have something to look forward to.
Of course, one of the first things to consider (other than when) is where. Barasoain Church is in Bulacan and it’s far from the South – probably 4 hours travel time via public transportation. It was my first time to get inside the church and that was when I became a believer of love at first sight.
Vintage historical places like Barasoain Church always take your breath away by bringing you back to when it was brought to life, its prime era, its story for which your heart will be able to translate such powerful emotions.
Oh look at that exquisite interior! I’m an everything-floral girl and I instantly fell inlove with the carefully painted flower patterns on the ceiling. And that chandelier! Perfect to crown the precious moments of all the brides who would walk from that doorstep.
I didn’t get a chance to take an image of the isle going to the alta because there was an on-going mass that time. Took only a photo at this angle where we were sitting during the baptismal mass.
Barasoain Church slayed my future wedding motiff – vintage and floral; Definitely a must-visit Church in the Philippines & must-venue for perfect weddings.
Hi 2016 Self – we’ve been through a lot and it has shaped us in ways we don’t know possible. We’ve been through ups that created us new memories we can add into our life line and downs which made us forget how wonderful life is. Still, we’re here and we’re moving forward. That’s what’s important, right? Learning to accept and continue life as we know it. These are my words to you and all the beautiful ladies out there who will have the courage to carry on their life despite every circumstances that tried to bring them down.
- Don’t settle for anything less than what you originally wanted. Be firm with your non-negotiables. Don’t settle for silver when you wanted gold. Don’t settle with pwede na. Babe, don’t degrade your standards just because someone gives some shit for you. That’s just trash compare to what should be truly yours. You are ever worthy of whatever you aspire for, so make it happen.
- Learn to walk away. ‘Second chances, they don’t matter. People never change’ (Hayley Williams on Misery Business) Set your soft and hard limits – yes fine, it’s okay to give second chances but it should end on that. Once the deed was done, it will happen again. Trust me. Get out of that destructive relationship. Walk away with dignity – for you to not lose yourself any further. You did your job, you gave all your love, and you did everything you can to make it work. If he doesn’t appreciate it still, it’s time to pack your bags and leave.
- Put yourself above anyone. No, it’s not being selfish but it’s about loving yourself so much as you have loved everyone else. When you love someone, you don’t want anyone, not even a single bee, hurt them and that’s what you will also do to yourself. Appreciate your strengths and embrace your weaknesses. Love yourself more when you feel like no one does. That is when no one can ever get near to hurt you.
- Learn to trust God more. It really, really works. My Tita once told me I was the happiest girl experiencing break-up. Well, maybe this is the reason why. I trusted God above anyone else. I let His love to numb whatever pain I was feeling. I let His love, and only His love, to reign in my heart and soul and it worked seemingly right for me. Do it and you’ll know how wonderful it is for your broken heart to be filled and reincarnated in God’s love.
- Don’t give up proven & tested relationships. Spend and cherish moments with your family and best friends even when it would cause an argument between you and your partner. They were there when he wasn’t around yet; they are there through the ups and downs of your relationships and; they will be there when he breaks your heart. They will always be there for you and you should always be there for them also. These are true relationships that you can keep forever.
Time and people may change and circumstances may seem to repeat and repeat again; but with what you’ve been through, you’re different now. You’re stronger. You’re better. You’re braver. You’re much more ready for something bigger this year.