Megaworld Corporation has the fastest recruitment I ever encountered – or maybe I was processed on a Saturday so there weren’t many applicants that day. Anyways, for all the aspiring applicants who wish to land a job in Megaworld (like ME!), here’s what I have for you. 🙂
Its HR Department is in Ground Floor, The World Centre, Sen. Gil Puyat Ave., Makati. If you are coming from Cavite (specifically in Pala-pala), you can take the Bus going to Lawton, get down at Dela Rosa, take the jeep going to Bel-Air or Washington – you’d see The World Center on your right. That’s the tall-glass building with the Megaworld Logo. You’ll see a list of all the companies at the front of their building and I think Megaworld is at the top of that list.
I originally applied for Purchaser, Management Analyst, and Sales Development Officer but was offered for a position Accounts Management Specialist. It’s a good start for my career and it gave me a bigger chance to get to the company so I told the HR I could consider. He assured me that if I wasn’t accepted for the position, he would endorse me to the department which I originally applied to. So it’s a win-win situation!
Their recruitment process consists of 5 stages:
- Registration/ Filling out Application Form
Once you get there, they would ask for your CV and you have to fill-out their Application Form. There is an essay part on the back so I advise you to be ready with your answers. 😉
- Examinations (Paper and Pen)
Their pre-employment examination is about language, logic, and an aptitude test. You have to finish the whole exam in 15 minutes.
Since the position I considered was an ASAP hiring one, I proceeded with the initial interview once they released my scores in the examinations.
These are the questions I was asked:
- Tell me something about yourself.
- Why did you choose to study [your course]?
- Among your majors, where are you excelling?
- Where are you currently residing?
- With whom are you residing?
- How many are you in your family?
- If you would be offered a job in Megaworld, what is your standard travel time? What will be your ways of travelling (commute or by car)?
- Are you willing to work in Uptown BGC?
- Are you willing to work on Saturdays?
- Are you willing to render overtime?
- When can you start?
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- What is your expected salary?
- Would you like to ask me anything?
I was directed to their office at the 28th floor for the second interview. The ambience was very different from the office at the ground floor. That’s where my fear kicked in – heh, but I stayed as calm as I could so I wouldn’t stutter in my interview. My interviewer was the HR of their Accounting Department and she asked the following questions:
- Tell me something about yourself
- You are originally applying for Purchaser, Management Analyst, and Sales Development Officer. Why the sudden change? ( Well, I just had to be honest on this and told her I was just endorsed to apply for the position)
- You wrote P15,000 for your expected salary, why is that? Why not P14,000, why not P16,000?
- Where did you get your data (for the salary)?
- Tell me something about your OJT
- What can you contribute to the company?
- Why should we hire you?
My interviewer was quite intimidating because she kept on “mmm-ing” (in a doubting manner) whenever I answered her questions but I kept composed and just got through the interview. Not me, interviewer, not me. :3
PS. It’s less than a week after my second interview with them (JobStreet said it has an average of 2 weeks of processing time) and I am waiting for a call for my final interview. All hopes for Megaworld! 🙂
I have an update blog about this. Click below and let’s go there! ♥