First, I am not a teacher. For my babies (readers), you all know that I major in Business Operations Management and being a teacher has never ever collided paths with my dream board. I appreciate all the teachers and professors I ever encountered in my life but I never had a full or even a little understanding of what they actually do — until my Dad became one. My Dad always aspired to educate the young minds of the Filipino people and now that his kids are growing, he has all the time in his hands. He became a professor at his age now – 49 years old. Better be late then never! I always admire his courage to persevere and pursue whatever he dreams of. I am proud he is finally doing what he actually wants to do in life.
On the other hand, he still needs to provide for us so he can’t let go of his current job – the reason why he’s doing his passion of teaching part-time. Since I am the only offspring around and also the only offspring to have much time, I am obliged (and payed) to do some of his school works — specifically checking papers (I’m actually just taking a break from checking -heh heh). This is where I gained full appreciation of all the teachers everywhere. It is not a joke what they do. We should really not take them for granted. Hell, they do more than facing you and teaching!
- They have to stay up all night just to check all your papers
- They have to balance their time to teach you in every way they know.
- They have to convince themselves that it is not their fault that you did not review for your exams
- They have to control their tears while they read your answers – which far from the lesson he discussed over and over again – maybe farther from Earth than Pluto!
- They have to teach you the lesson one more time again even when you seem not to listen.
- They have to face your parents – do you know how scary and frustrating it is!?
- They have to control their anger and hurt when you bully and talk things behind their back.
- They have to shoulder accusations even when the one to be accused is you yourself.
Speaking on the side of the teacher all over the world. I was once a student and I’m thankful I respected all of them – even the most terror ones.
Who does not want to be loved? Whatever your major is or whoever you are, you deserve your forever love. I’m a Business Major (and also dating a Business Major) and this is a little biased but let me just tell you 5 reasons why we are also worth your love. 😉
- We just don’t plainly do it, we strategically plan it. Forever is feasible with us because we don’t just do whatever we want to do – we don’t love just for the sake of loving; We analyze every situation, consider every detail, and we plan and schedule every move (through Gantt Chart) to make you insanely happy and in love through all the times we’re going to be together.
- We just don’t plan, we make it happen. In business, trial and error has always been the best practice to determine the strengths and weaknesses of the company – what to change, where to improve, and when to implement. Dito palang evident na na we make do of something out of nothing. We turn something (successful or not) out of scratch and we always focus on its winning and losing points (SWOT Analysis) for focal points of improvement.
- We just don’t make it happen, we strive for innovation and improvement. We always, as in always, seek for innovation and improvement in our work. We determine our weaknesses and turn it into strengths. We focus on continuously making ourselves the perfect fit for you (Kaizen). Dude, expect to receive the craziest, wildest, sweetest (the world will be jealous) efforts for you because we always strive for innovation.
- We just don’t make it fruitful, we implement and evaluate. Business majors will make do of every way possible to capture your heart every moment of your life. But we just don’t make it possible, again, we always pursue for continuous improvement.
- We strive for perfection. We are trained to commit minimal defects per million opportunities (dpmo) (Six Sigma, Lean Management). This says it all. We want everything perfect and best for you – we WILL make ourselves like it; we WILL be it.
PS. You don’t have to worry about us meeting all the important people in your life – we know how to deal with people – whatever their personalities are and how we should market ourselves and showcase how much we deeply feel for you (all yours, baby! Heart, Mind, and Soul!) (Business Ethics and Good Governance, Human Resource Management, Human Behavior in Organizations, Marketing and Advertising Management)
Why not love a business major so you can have your forever – defined, measured, analyzed, improved, and controlled? 😉 (DMAIC Approach)
Tried a new hairstyle
Hair is the crowning glory of every woman. I kept mine as healthy and as long as it could ever be for 2 straight years. Its length reached the bottom of my buttocks and I was really really proud of it that I whip it back and forth every time. Just kidding, heh heh. But I was really proud of it – even though I grew (and is still growing) fatter or even when my face was super oily or my kilay was not on flick anymore – it didn’t matter. So long as I had my mermaid hair, I felt beautiful. I avoided any salons during those 2 long years and I never even bothered going in to one of those. I didn’t really saved money because I was home-serviced by my hairstylist for my semi-annual Brazilian Blowout Keratin Treatment.
I loved this hair as much as my life but I decided to donate it to cancer patients because I know they need it more. Giving what you love is always more than giving anything monetary. I should be giving it but I forgot that they needed untouched hair and everyone knows my hair is not virgin anymore. Sadlyf – and so my plan failed as easy as that. Hay…
But that one day when I was with a special friend hanging out over pizza and soda changed my mind: an idea came up my mind; It was immediate and shocking but I was brave enough to drag him to bring me to a salon in Glorietta. No hesitations. I just did it. There’s no use of it anymore, better cut the bullshits away, this was what I thought. And there we were.. I was there.. sitting on that odd chair you only found at salons.. wrapped in white cloth and the hairstylist was ready to cut my hair. I didn’t think about anything at that moment. I was even brave enough to tell the hairstylist to ‘Surprise me’ when she was asking what to do with my hair. Hah Hah. I just felt I needed to get away from something hindering me and move to being a better self. I felt I needed to do anything just to keep moving forward – to a new and greatest Elli in 2017.
Is this what turning 21 means? Brave & Bolder me?’I wasn’t really paying attention when she cut my hair but to my surprise, I really like my hair now. 🙂 I look different in a very modest way; Someone who would tell someone the lyrics of Little Mix’s Song (the soundtrack of my life, char).
Thanks Ms. Meg @ Vivere Salon, you did a greatjob.
Vivere Salon / Prices